Thread: Fiestas: 3 to make 2 to make 3

Default Fiestas: 3 to make 2 to make 3

Ok, back to the world of MK1 Fiestas. I will be throwing my hat back into the ring, so to speak, in the Fiesta world. Our friend Gary Swanson keeps himming and hawing about getting his car back on track. He's been stalled for a while now. Well anyways, I helped Gary get in touch with Ted Heinritz to buy his HP Fiesta out of PA to try to jump start his program. He has been slowly prepping a clean tub for an H Prod build. The thought was for Gary to get going again in Teds car and I could help get the old ITC car on track for my son Scott to use to get started in racing. Just like I started racing in ITC Fiestas! So now there are 3 Fiestas together in one shop zone. 3 cars to get 2 cars on track with the future hope to get all 3 back going.

IMG_0888.jpgIMG_0878.jpgIMG_0882.jpg

So where are all the Fiestas out there? The only current Fiesta we know on track around here is Brian Frank and his F Prod car.
    John
    Racing on a BUDGET for FUN!!!
    -----------------------------------
    ITA Nissan NX2000
    Mentor, OH

There's one or two that run IT here with MCSCC mostly at Blackhawk Farms. I know where my old ITC car is. It was converted to Prod by a later owner and then to GTL by the current owner. It hasn't raced since 2009 or 2010 but the owner does say he plans on racing it again as some point.
    1988 ITA Scriocco 16V #80
    MCSCC member since 1988

Yes I see Nicole is running MCSCC in ITD. Chris Mc told me his two (HP & ITD) are in mothballs now for the time being. Rick Starkweather had an HP one in the Carolinas but has since sold it. Is that the one running GTL? Would like to know where that one went.

Any others out there?
    John
    ITA Nissan NX2000
    Mentor, OH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTTr...SFKTFD3O4_G4jz

Here's a race with the Fiesta that I mentioned. Look at 3:05. A dark blue car passes the spun CRX. The same car/owner combo ended up a favorite in a later runoff year race. Due to problems he had to start last but finished 4th! Just ran out of laps.
    1988 ITA Scriocco 16V #80
    MCSCC member since 1988

Bill Davidson used to run a GT Fiesta way back when.
    John
    ITA Nissan NX2000
    Mentor, OH